A Sustainable View and Vision
Sustainability is one of our core values at Badaro, from who we partner with to the products we use.
Our partnership with Sustainable Salons New Zealand means a minimum of 95% of resources from Badaro are repurposed to benefit the environment and give back to our community.
- Excess chemicals are sent to a chemical recycling plant where they are neutralized and turned into recycled water that is used in roadworks and construction.
- Metals, paper, aluminium, foil, colour tubes, magazines, razor blades, used tools and select disposables are sold for recycling. The proceeds are donated to Kiwi Harvest and OzHarvest to provide meals for disadvantaged people.
- Hair clippings are stuffed into stockings to make hair booms that will clean up oil spills along our coastlines.
- Plastic packaging is sent to plastic recyclers where it is cleaned and turned into outdoor furniture and new product packaging.
- Sustainable Salons depot employs people with special needs that love their job of protecting our environment.
Our friendship with Davines has grown from a common passion.
We made the conscious shift to become a Davines concept salon, supplying all our colour and hair products, because we believe in what they do, that much.
- Awarded ‘Best in the World for the Environment’ for the second year in a row by the B Corporation.
- B Corp Companies are activists that reach the highest verified standards in the world in terms of social, environmental and economic standards.
- As of 2018, 100% of Davines products have carbon neutral packaging and all Davines offices and subsidiaries run carbon neutral offices.
- 80% of all ingredients are organic, natural or naturally-derived Formulations are highly-biodegradable, and free from parabens, sulphates and PPD. All packaging is recycled, recyclable, reusable and/or biodegradable